Sleepwear + Robes
How to Find the Most Comfortable Sleepwear, Loungewear & Robes
People sleep in many different things, from nothing at all to T-shirts and underwear to long pajamas. Some of us regard sleepwear as simply what to wear at night while other people want the softest, most comfortable pajamas available. Still others prefer versatile loungewear they can sleep in, then wear around the house or even to the farmers market.
Our Cheat Sheet to Sleepwear vs. Loungewear
Comfortable sleepwear helps you get the best rest. Pajamas come in many styles, so there’s something for everyone. A tank and shorts set is ideal if you run hot. If you run cold, choose long sleeves and long pants. If you prefer a one-piece way to sleep well all night, consider a short nightshirt or long nightgown.
Loungewear provides the ultimate in versatility, offering soft comfort in styles that work equally well for sleeping, relaxing around the house and even running to the store. Choose a pullover and pants made of organic cotton terry for a smooth hand-feel with maximum softness.
5 Types of Robes to Fit Your Morning Ritual or Bedtime Routine
Think about what the perfect robe means to you. Does it make you feel like you’re in a spa? Do you want to wear it all weekend? Or do you simply want an absorbent robe that dries you off quickly? Like sheets, the weight and feel of a bathrobe comes down to personal preference. Fabric makes all the difference when choosing the most comfortable robe.
- Linen feels airy and cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. Our Relaxed linen robes are woven from European flax that’s pre-washed yet never starched, so it feels soft and drapey right away, and only gets better over time.
- Cotton jersey is sublimely soft and breathable. If you like the comfortable feel of a T-shirt, choose a cotton jersey robe.
- Turkish terry is made of long-staple cotton, loomed into single loops that feel thick and plush, yet lofty. If you want a smooth, soft hand and remarkable absorbency, choose a Turkish terry robe.
- Flannel is best when it’s made from organic cotton. If it’s brushed multiple times, it creates a pill-resistant flannel bathrobe with a velvety feel.
- If you like a smooth feel outside and a soft feel inside, choose a cotton-lined sateen robe. It offers the best of both worlds, pairing a silky, elegant exterior with a warm, cozy interior.