You can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, there may be times (such as when you purchase or order a product, subscribe to a service, register to receive catalogs, to participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, respond to customer surveys, participate in product panels, or otherwise interact with us) when we ask you to provide certain personal information, such as your name, shipping/billing address, telephone number, email address, social media user name, credit card information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, and other information.
Whether you provide such information to us is completely up to you. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may not be able to purchase products, or access certain services, offers and content on our web sites. In addition, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us.
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information.
Personal information is information which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, contact phone number, mailing and billing address, and credit card number and expiration date.
is information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual customer.
is information about groups or categories of customers, which do not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual customer.
We collect the following categories of information:
• Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, email address, username and password. [We may also ask you for your birthday if you would like to receive special offers on your birthday.]
• Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information. We may also maintain a record of your product purchases.
• Copies of records and correspondence with you (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to voluntary surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Your responses to optional product panels. Some of our customers are invited to be members of an optional Product Panel. Panel members agree to participate in surveys about their purchase of our products, their household/personal characteristics, and their purchase behavior. Customers are primarily contacted via email, which link to online surveys, but may occasionally be contacted by telephone or mail.
• Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our website, or open emails we send.
• Your search queries on our website.
We use your information to:
• Provide you with the products and services you request.
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and to send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
• Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services, subject to local law and choices that may be available to you.
• Personalize content and experiences.
• Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications. To learn more about how we use your information, please see Advertising and Opting Out.
• Catalogs: We use your shipping and payment address, and the address you give to us when you “register” your profile with us, to send you our print catalog and catalogs of our participating third-party merchants and affiliated companies which we feel will be of interest to you, all by postal mail. If you prefer not to receive our catalogs, please let us know by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
• Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• Advertise Based on Interest
We will not share your personal information with any third parties, except in limited circumstances, including:
• When you allow us to share your personal information with another company so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services. Once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
• Cooperative Databases: In connection with the distribution of our print catalogs and other marketing materials, we participate in cooperative data sharing databases. The participants of these databases provide customer names, mailing addresses and information about their customers' purchasing history to the database vendor which allows the database participants to segment and/or obtain access to potentially interested parties to which they may wish to target their own promotions. If you prefer not to have your name, email address and mailing address released to these cooperative databases, please let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Targeted Product Recommendations: We use third-party companies to help serve targeted product recommendations. To enable these companies to provide you with targeted recommendations, we may provide these companies with certain information, such as your name and address as well as your transaction history. These companies may use data about you in order to provide recommendations for products and services that might be of interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org
• When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
Maintaining the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. Some of those safeguards include:
Shopping Cart Security.
Our website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. Our shopping cart incorporates industry-standard secure server software (Secure Socket Layers) into sensitive sections of our store. All online transactions at Coyuchi are handled using this encryption technology. When you enter your credit card number into the order form, it is transmitted across the internet in an encrypted (scrambled) form, then decoded when it is removed from our server for processing.
Credit Card Verification.
Authorize.net, a state-of-the-art credit card verification service, keeps Coyuchi’s transactions secure by encrypting all of your Personally Identifiable Information while validating the transaction. We use RSA encryption technology to scramble your data so that it would be virtually impossible to break into. We are PCI compliant, and thus follow the rules and regulations for security of credit card information specified by Visa & MasterCard.
There are two ways to make sure you are browsing secure web pages. Your browser indicates secure modes with a symbol - the image of a closed padlock. You will know your information is protected if the closed-lock symbol appears in the lower right or left-hand corner of your screen while you are visiting a secure web page. You can also verify secure pages by checking the address, or URL, listed on the scroll bar. If you spot an “s” after the “http” at the beginning of the address (i.e., “https://” rather than “http://”), you know that you are browsing in a secure environment.
From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
You have the ability to exercise certain control over our collection, use, and sharing of your information.
• You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts.
• You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
• You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services.
• You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here.
• You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and request that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise these controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the following mechanisms to control the use or collection of your personal information:
Research and Analytics. We use Google Analytics to better understand how visitors interact with our Website. This service provides Anonymous Information including but not limited to data on where visitors came from, what actions they took on our Sites, and where visitors went when they left our Sites. We use this information to improve your experience when visiting our Website. Please click http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html to learn more about this service and how to opt out of data collection by Google Analytics. We may also work with other business partners to conduct research surveys in order to improve the user experience on our Sites. We encourage you read the privacy statements of these business partners to learn about their data practices.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may click the “Safe Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email to be removed from our email list; or you can send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. You may also respond to the email with “Remove” or “Unsubscribe” in the subject line to be removed from any future emails. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Third Parties. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
There are several ways to update information you have provided to us. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You can also Visit Account Services for instructions on accessing and updating your personal account information.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to make a change to your personal information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our web site is a general audience site. We do not permit anyone under the age of 13 to register with us. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any contact information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the Internet.
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on web sites or mobile applications by sending us an email. Please note that most of the user content that appears on our Site or Services is stored and controlled by third party providers; thus, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
We comply fully with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any company or third-party outside of our brand to use your email address without your permission. If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please contact us at email@example.com.
You will receive administrative emails regarding your registration and order. The first email you receive will serve as confirmation of your registration. The second email will serve as receipt of your order. The information included in this email consists of sales price, order number, and shipping information. You will receive a third email when your order ships. This will contain all tracking information so that you will be able to locate the status of your order at any time.
Account and Service-Related Emails.
Promotional and Informational Email Newsletters and Emails From Third-Party Source.
If you choose to opt-in to our email newsletters, we will use your email address to periodically send you special offers and updates about our products and services. From time to time we may also obtain email addresses from third-party sources to be used for promotional emails. If you no longer wish to receive a specific email type, click on the “Unsubscribe” link located near the bottom of each email newsletter. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our list. You may also respond to the email newsletter with “Remove” or “Unsubscribe” in the subject line, to be removed from any future email newsletters or emails.
We may send you an email inviting you to participate in user surveys, asking for feedback on us or existing or prospective products and services, as well as information to better understand our users. User surveys greatly help us to improve our Web site, and any information we obtain in such surveys will not be shared with third parties, except in aggregate form.
Emails From You.
If you send us emails, you should be aware that information disclosed in emails may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or confidential information in emails. We will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions. You can change your privacy preferences regarding the use of Tracking Technologies through your browser. However, as noted above in the Site Usage Information section, if you do adjust your privacy preferences, certain functionality of the site may be affected. For more information on Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We are dedicated to treating your personal information with care and respect. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), we will not share your personal information with others for their direct marketing use unless you choose to allow us to do so.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.