How to Choose the Right Towel or Pro Tips for Choosing the Right Towel
For some, the bathroom is a private pampering spa. For others, it’s all about efficiency. Everyone has their own routine, but most people agree that wrapping up in a soft, comfortable towel after a bath or shower is one of the small but great joys in life.
Since towels are used directly on your skin, they should be as pure as possible. All of our towels are free from artificial softeners and harmful dyes, which allows the cotton to feel like cotton. Organic cotton towels and long-staple cotton towels are softer than standard cotton towels. Known for softness and durability, the best Turkish cotton towels are made from 100% organic cotton and are the most long-staple Turkish cotton), which creates exceptionally soft, fluffy, super-absorbent terry that’s also lightweight and quick-drying.
4 Types of Organic Cotton Towels
There’s no right or wrong way to find the perfect towel. All you need to know is what you like in a towel.
- Air Weight® Towels are a soft, absorbent 100% organic cotton towel that dries quickly (ideal for low-ventilation rooms)
- Cloud Loom organic cotton towels are a plush spa towel that’s thick yet lightweight
- The Mediterranean organic cotton towels are our quickest-drying lightweight towel that works both for gym & beach days
- The Sutro Stripe organic cotton towels are a Turkish-inspired design with a terry weave on one side, making it lightweight and quick dry
Bath Towel Considerations for People with Sensitive Skin
We are often asked what the best towel is for sensitive skin. We recommend an undyed, unbleached organic cotton towel, like the Air Weight® collection. Choosing an undyed towel doesn’t mean you have to forego creating a colorful bathroom, add a hue or two with a rug or shower curtain made with earth-friendly, non-toxic dyes.
Towel Sizes Every Home Should Have
Towels come in many sizes that serve specific purposes, consider your bathing habits when choosing what to add to your collection:
- If you use wash cloths for bathing, be sure to have several sets on hand for guests and to hold you over on laundry day.
- Hand towels used most often, given their moderate size. Because they are a household favorite, these need to be changed most often.
- If you like large towels, bath sheets are the best towels for you.
- Bath mats are similar to bath rugs, but are durable enough to be washed as often as towels.
- Towel sets are the most convenient and affordable way to outfit your bathroom. These sets usually contain 2 bath towels, 2 guest towels and 2 wash cloths. Check each of our towel collections for set specifics.
How to Care for Organic Cotton Towels
Washing and drying your towels correctly will ensure they feel great against your skin for many years. For best results, wash all towels—even white towels—in cold water, then dry on low or air dry. Avoid using fabric softeners, which can reduce absorbency.
When you find the perfect towels, use them every day (don’t just save them for your guests).