The fruit of wild roses that grow in abundance on Nantucket, rosehip is known for its high vitamin C content and beautiful rosy color. In the late summer you can forage rosehips and dry them for tea, then work a little magic with fresh almond milk and rooibos tea leaves to craft a homemade rosehip latte.
As we begin to welcome the longer, lighter days of summer, the time is ripe to enjoy this antioxidant-rich beverage while relaxing in the comfort of our best-selling Solstice Collection for an immersive rosehip-toned treat.
For the Almond Milk:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups filtered water
Recipe Preperation (Makes about 2 cups) :
- Soak almonds in water overnight.
- Blend almonds and water on high speed until smooth.
- Strain milk through a nut bag.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
For the Rooibos Rose Latte:
- 2 teaspoons rooibos tea leaves
- 2 teaspoons rosehip powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- Honey or sweetener
- 2 cups almond milk
- Rose petal powder (optional)
Recipe Preparation (Serves 2) :
- Put rooibos tea leaves and rosehip powder into a teapot.
- Add the boiling water and let steep, covered, for 2–3 minutes.
- Gently heat almond milk on medium heat (do not boil), and then whip in a blender on high speed for ultimate froth.
- Pour tea through a tea strainer into two mugs.
- Stir in honey, to taste.
- Top off each cup with frothy almond milk.
- Sprinkle with rosehip powder and serve right away.