Rekindle those memories of the hotels you love and the stays that made you feel at home—almost always, it's thoughtful details that create a warm welcome. You can do the same for your guests. Enjoy quality time with your loved ones this Holiday by properly preparing for their stay.
Here's how to create an organic + inviting stay:
1. Storage space. Clear out a dresser and free up closet space (and hangers) so that guests can unpack. Make them feel more comfortable from the start.
3. Pillows. Soft, firm or somewhere in between? Accommodate pillow preferences with a backup or two in freshly cleared closet.
4. Robes. Having a freshly laundered robe ready and waiting for each guest is as nice as it sounds.
6. Toiletries. Leave out travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, lotion—and new toothbrushes—to cover anything anyone might have forgotten. We love safe products like those at S/He Apothecary. A great place to stock up on guest toiletries is Package Free.
7. Organization space. Balancing a toiletry kit on the side of the sink challenges the most experienced traveler. Clear some bathroom space on a counter or shelf.
8. The bedside table. Give your guests permission to relax in their room by leaving a stack of books or new magazines. We recommend an inspirational read like the eco-conscious Regeneration Mag. Finally, you can't go wrong by adding a few bottles of water and some local snacks, either.
9. Scent. Make the guest room or bath more cozy with an organic fragrant candle or a small local bouquet. We like to order from our neighbors BloomThat.
10. Above and beyond: Leave out a card with your home Wi-Fi details on it and a carafe and glass for water.