We believe in going beyond organic, which for us means being GOTS-Certified. GOTS is a textile certification that limits the use of toxic bleaches, dyes and other chemical inputs during the production process. It is internationally recognized as the toughest organic textile standard because it goes far beyond verifying the organic farming process to include every step of manufacturing for fiber as pure as the food you eat. When you build your bed with organic, you are bettering the health of you + your family, as well as farmers, factory workers and the soil. Learn more about our GOTS-Certification here.
We take expert care to ensure everything that bears the Coyuchi label is made to the strictest environmental standards in safe and humane conditions, from our factories' green initiatives to low-impact dyes. By supporting our thoughtfully processed products, you are helping to do a myriad of things, including saving water. Pure, minimally processed organic cotton requires 91% less water to be grown than conventional cotton. Off the farm, we partner with a factory that recycles 90% of its wastewater (the other 10% lost to natural evaporation). Not only are our minimally processed products safe for the planet, but they are safe to cozy up in since they are free of toxic dyes and chemicals. Some chemicals used by conventional brands are bad for human health and can cause illnesses and ailments such as cancer, asthma or skin rashes. Others are bad for the environment and can kill fish, cause algae blooms or persist in the environment for long periods of time. Coyuchi uses GOTS-approved chemicals that take the toxicity of human and environmental health into account. We've recently gone one step further by being the first company in North America to use a non-toxic and plant-based softener. These are a few of the ways we ensure pure, thoughtfully processed bedding and bath items for you to love. Browse undyed for a collection safe for the most sensitive of skin.