Stress-free holiday hosting
Our 10-point checklist will help smooth your way to happier holidays.
Rekindle those memories of the hotels you love and the stays that made you feel at home—almost always, it's thoughtful details that create a warm welcome. You can do the same for your guests. Here's how:
1. Storage space. Clear out a dresser and free up closet space (and hangers) so that guests can unpack. Make them feel more comfortable from the start.
3. Pillows. Soft, firm or somewhere in between? Accommodate pillow preferences with a backup or two in freshly cleared closet.
4. Robes. Having a freshly laundered robe ready and waiting for each guest is as nice as it sounds.
6. Toiletries. Leave out travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, lotion—and new toothbrushes—to cover anything anyone might have forgotten.
7. Organization space. Balancing a toiletry kit on the side of the sink challenges the most experienced traveler. Clear some bathroom space on a counter or shelf.
8. The bedside table. Give your guests permission to relax in their room by leaving a stack of books or new magazines. You can't go wrong by adding a few bottles of water and some snacks, either.
9. Flowers. Make the guest room or bath more cozy with a small bouquet or fragrant candle.
10. Above and beyond: Leave out a card with your home Wi-Fi details on it.
Please share any other holiday hosting tips below in the comments!